Masdar Institute of Science and Technology
Abu Dhabi, , UAE
Position: Full Time Job Description
Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E. This very hands-on position at the Masdar Institute in Abu Dhabi, U.A.E., will give the qualified applicant many opportunities to pass on his or her experience gained through use of SEM and SEM/FIB microscopes. Key activities will be serving as the primary contact for users of Masdar Institute’s SEM and dualbeam microscopes, teaching practical classes on the operation of electron microscopes, and sample preparation. Additionally, the position requires interaction with faculty and students as an in house consultant to facilitate research and help Masdar Institute facility users obtain the best possible result from the lab facility.
The qualified applicant needs to possess hard materials experience, although familiarity with hydrated, soft, and non-conductive sample techniques will be required as well. Significant weight will be given to experience in a production or commercial lab environment and less weight to microscopy experience that was adjunct to another focus. A broad understanding of semiconductor fabrication techniques as well as experience working with semiconductor materials is desirable.
- Provide hands-on instruction on operation of SEM and dualbeam SEM/FIB systems. Prepare materials and examples for training sessions, record and track training; arrange advanced training sessions from equipment suppliers.
- Provide research support through consultation with users on equipment use, set-up and capabilities.
- Maintain operational availability of microscopes and associated equipment. Track and resolve system maintenance issues, communicate tool availability, anticipate requirements for spare parts, consumables, etc.
- Advise and assist users with sample preparation and maintain SEM sample preparation area.
- Provide operator support as an equipment expert for challenging samples and special projects.
- At least 4 years experience operating SEM in full time production environment (hard materials).
- At least 4 years experience using FEI SEM and dualbeam equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering discipline (may substitute additional experience).
Additional Qualifications (not required but preferred):
- Semiconductor Industry experience.
- More than 10 years SEM and/or dualbeam experience.
- Experience using EDS, WDS, EBSD, nanoprober, GIS, polishing wheels, chemical etchants.
- Experience with circuit modification.
- Experience with soft materials and imaging biological materials in SEM.
Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, located in Abu Dhabi, U.A.E., is a private, not-for-profit, independent, graduate-level, research-driven institute developed with the support and cooperation of Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). The goal of the Institute is to develop indigenous R&D capacity in Abu Dhabi, addressing issues of importance to the region in critical areas such as: renewable energy, sustainability, environment, water resources and microelectronics.
The Institute offers graduate degree programs (MSc & PhD) in science and engineering disciplines with a focus on advanced energy and sustainable technologies.
For Additional Information please see:
Please send letter of interest and CV to: email@example.com 2013-05-30 23:06:47 Back Company Apply