Research Foundation of SUNY,
New York, NY, USA
Position: Full Time Job Description
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the SUNY College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering.
Description of Duties:
- The MEMS Operations Director will be physically located at CNSEís Smart System Technology and Commercialization Center in the Rochester, NY area. The duties of this position will include, but not be limited to:
- Provides Technical Leadership & problem-solving to Operations personnel.
- Develops and maintains Fabrication & Packaging operation business plans to include all program requirements, labor hours, cycle and production costs.
- Works with Business Development Director to establish production and quality control standards, develops budget and cost controls, and obtains data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products.
- Provides guidance to the development of a production process plan, including personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, facility needs, and tooling and equipment needs and works within the ISO 9001:2008 protocol
- Ensures all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
- Coordinates activities within fabrication with customers and vendors to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Reviews production and operating reports and works with the management team to resolve operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Provide monthly metric analysis for utilization, scrap, quality and downtime.
- Performs administrative activities associated with the effective management of Fabrication & Packaging operations and its personnel, including process flow and documentation.
- Determines responsibilities of assigned staff positions to accomplish business objectives.
- Consults with Leadership team to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from a college or university in a technical, MEMS-related engineering field (Micro-E, Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, Materials Science, or Physics) accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization; AND a minimum of 10 years industry-related experience. Must have business and supervisory-related experience. Must have working knowledge of MEMS fabrication and packaging processes. Ability to manage multiple projects, ability to meet deadlines. Experience in managing customer, vendor and employee relationships. Strong problem solving, resource planning, negotiation and overall management skills.
Masterís degree from a college or university in a technical, MEMS-related engineering field (Micro-E, Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, Materials Science, or Physics) accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organizationNotes: Position contingent on the availability of funding. Application Info
Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, letter of application, along with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Mr. Terry Kremer
Search for MEMS Operations Manager
257 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Closing date for receipt of applications: until position is filled
The Research Foundation for SUNY offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicantís race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or disability status. Please feel free to review your equal employment opportunities protections and laws pertaining to these protections at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
2014-10-31 12:33:38 Back Company Apply