Masdar Institute of Science and Technology
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, , UAE
Position: Job Description
This position will support operation and maintenance requirements of the Masdar Institute Fabrication Facility through first hand repair or coordination of repairs with local or vendor facilities as well as manage inventory of consumables and repair parts. The Fabrication Equipment Instructor will also conduct fabrication equipment operator training classes to support the research efforts of a variety of constituencies. The candidate must possess excellent communication skills along with a desire to pass on acquired experience to those new to the field. This position requires hands-on experience operating, troubleshooting and repairing semiconductor process equipment.
Specific duties include:
- Work with technical research staff to maintain and operate equipment used in device processing and fabrication.
- Coordinate user requests and equipment maintenance needs.
- Perform trouble-shooting of equipment and process problems.
- Assist with the procurement, installation and operation of new equipment.
- Provide support to students' and researchers' process development activities.
- Participate in user training programs.
- Establish and refine standard operating procedures for equipment and processes.
- Help establish and refine laboratory monitoring practices.
- Provide recommendations and support for the general operations of the laboratories.
- B.S. or higher in chemical engineering, chemistry, materials science, or electrical engineering or its equivalent.
- Minimum five years experience working with vacuum semiconductor processing tools.
- Experience with photolithographic processes.
- Experience in operation and maintenance of general metrology and characterization equipment (eg, defect inspection, ellipsometry interferometers, microscopes).
- Experience in operation and maintenance of photolithography and mask making systems, as well as direct write laser tools.
- Experience in training users and documenting procedures.
- Experience with equipment maintenance and parts inventory management.
- Experience with computer-aided fabrication and manufacturing systems.
- Fundamental understanding of clean room protocols.
- Experience in installation, repair and maintenance of PECVD/RIE and metal deposition systems, as well as related peripheral equipment (pumps, chillers, etc).
- Experience with vacuum process recipes and development.
- Experience with statistical process control.
Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, located in Abu Dhabi, U.A.E., is a private, not-for-profit, independent, graduate-level, research-driven institute developed with the support and cooperation of Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). The goal of the Institute is to develop indigenous R&D capacity in Abu Dhabi, addressing issues of importance to the region in critical areas such as: renewable energy, sustainability, environment, water resources and microelectronics.
The Institute offers graduate degree programs (MSc & PhD) in science and engineering disciplines with a focus on advanced energy and sustainable technologies.
For additional information please see: http://www.masdar.ac.ae/.
Please send letter of interest and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org. 2013-05-16 23:06:36 Back Company Apply